Materials on this web site were produced and/or compiled by Northern Pipeline Agency (NPA) for the purpose of providing users with direct access to information about the programs and services offered by Northern Pipeline Agency.
For the purpose of this document, web site refers to all information identified with a domain address terminated by gc.ca or clearly identified by the signature (insignia or logo) of Northern Pipeline Agency.
The material on this site is covered by the provisions of the Copyright Act, by Canadian laws, policies, regulations and international agreements. Such provisions serve to identify the information source and, in specific instances, to prohibit reproduction of materials without written permission.
Permission to reproduce Government of Canada works, in part or in whole, and by any means, for personal or public non-commercial purposes, or for cost-recovery purposes, is not required, unless otherwise specified in the material you wish to reproduce.
A reproduction means making a copy of information in the manner that it is originally published – the reproduction must remain as is, and must not contain any alterations whatsoever.
The terms personal and public non-commercial purposes mean a distribution of the reproduced information either for your own purposes only, or for a distribution at large whereby no fees whatsoever will be charged.
The term cost-recovery means charging a fee for the purpose of recovering printing costs and other costs associated with the production of the reproduction.
Users are required to:
- Exercise due diligence in ensuring the accuracy of the materials reproduced;
- Indicate both the complete title of the materials reproduced, as well as the author organization; and
- Indicate that the reproduction is a copy of an official work that is published by the Government of Canada and that the reproduction has not been produced in affiliation with, or with the endorsement of the Government of Canada.
Unless otherwise specified, this authorization is also applicable to all published information regardless of its format.
Reproduction of multiple copies of materials on this site, in whole or in part, for the purposes of commercial redistribution is prohibited except with written permission from the Government of Canada's copyright administrator, Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC). Through the permission granting process, PWGSC helps ensure individuals/organizations to reproduce Government of Canada materials for commercial purposes have access to the most accurate, up-to-date versions.
To obtain permission to reproduce materials on this site for commercial purposes, please go to PWGSC's "Applying for Copyright Clearance on Government of Canada Works" page.
Public Works and Government Services Canada
Publishing and Depository Services
350 Albert Street, 4th floor
Some of the materials and graphical elements found on Northern Pipeline Agency web sites are subject to copyrights held by other organizations. This is particularly true of sites that are jointly operated by Northern Pipeline Agency and an external organization as part of a collaborative arrangement. In such cases, some restrictions on the reproduction of materials or graphical elements may apply and it may be necessary to seek permission from the rights holder prior to reproducing the material.
The content originator should ensure that third parties have given their written permission to allow users to reproduce their information as it appears on the Northern Pipeline Agency web site.
Information that is not covered under this copyright claim may appear on this web site for convenience. However, it will be clearly identified as such. Inclusion of third party information, products or tools on this web site does not imply advertisement or endorsement by Northern Pipeline Agency.
To obtain information concerning copyright ownership and restrictions on reproduction on this site, please contact:
Northern Pipeline Agency
615 Booth Street, no. 412
Ottawa ON K1A 0E9
- Northern Pipeline Agency does not automatically gather any personal information from you, such as your name, phone number, e-mail or street address during your visit to its web sites. This information is obtained only if you supply it voluntarily, usually through contacting us via e-mail or registering in a secure portion of the site.
- Northern Pipeline Agency employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. This software receives and records the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer that has contacted our Web site, the date and time of the visit and the pages visited. We make no attempt to link these addresses with the identity of individuals visiting our site unless an attempt to damage the site has been detected.
- Any personal information that you do provide is protected under the federal Privacy Act. At the time of collection, you will be notified that your personal information is being collected, why it is being collected and that you have a right of access to the information.
- Visitor information is not disclosed to anyone except Northern Pipeline Agency personnel who need the information to respond to a request. The information you give us will be shared with another government department ONLY if your inquiry relates to that department. We do not use the information to create individual profiles, nor do we disclose the information to anyone outside those who need to provide you with a response in the federal government.
- Northern Pipeline Agency (NPA) occasionally uses "cookies" to track how visitors use its Web sites. Whenever we enable "cookies" to facilitate your transactions, we will first inform you. (A cookie is a very small text file placed on the hard drive of your computer by a web page server. It is a unique identifying code for your computer and can only be read by the server that gave it to you.)
Questions or comments regarding this policy, or the administration of the Privacy Act in Northern Pipeline Agency may be directed to the Access to Information and Privacy. If you are not satisfied that we have adequately respected your privacy, you may wish to contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner by calling 1-800-267-0441 or via the Internet at email@example.com.
Links to Web sites not under the control of the Government of Canada (GoC) are provided solely for the convenience of users. The GoC is not responsible for the accuracy, currency or the reliability of the content. The GoC does not offer any guarantee in that regard and is not responsible for the information found through these links, nor does it endorse the sites and their content.
Users should be aware that information offered by non-GoC sites that are not subject to the Official Languages Act and to which Northern Pipeline Agency links, may be available only in the language(s) used by the sites in question.
Reproduction of Government Symbols
The official symbols of the Government of Canada, including the “Canada” wordmark, the Arms of Canada, and the flag symbol may not be reproduced, whether for commercial or non-commercial purposes, without written authorization. Request for authorization from the Treasury Board Secretariat may be addressed to:
Federal Identity Program
Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat
300 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa, Canada K1A 0R5
Northern Pipeline Agency does not assume any liability deemed to have been caused directly or indirectly by any content on its web site.