Aboriginal Consultations and External Relations
The NPA works with many different groups in Canada and the United States.
These include the following:
Aboriginal peoples and organizations
- British Columbia
- Non-government agencies and organizations
- Government of Alaska
- Government of the Yukon
- Government of British Columbia
- Government of United States of America – Office of the Federal Coordinator, Alaska Natural Gas Transportation Projects
Government of Canada Departments and Agencies including:
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada
- Transport Canada
- Environment Canada
- Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada
- National Energy Board
- Parks Canada
The Northern Pipeline Agency is the federal lead on Crown consultation with Aboriginal peoples in Yukon, British Columbia and Alberta.
The Northern Pipeline Agency will carry out consultation and engagement with Aboriginal peoples whose rights and title may be affected by the project. This will take place throughout the following project stages: planning, development, regulatory, permitting and construction.